|Anita Blake novels and comic series. The Wiki has 367 articles. You can check out the new pages, recent changes, and statistics. If you need help, please visit the Help section.
|If you have questions, please post them at our community center, the Main Page discussion. If you wish to create an article and want to test it beforehand, please use the Sandbox. We hope you enjoy the Wiki, and help us enrich it.|
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter is a series of fictional works set into a fantasy world parallel to our own, where vampires, shapeshifters (including lycanthropes such as werewolves), faeries, etc. exist, where humans can have a wide variety of psychic and magical abilities from clairvoyance to re-animating the dead, and where faith causes religious items to glow in the presence of active vampire powers regardless of the religion. This parallel world is complex and ever-changing, as the relationships and power structures evolve and we learn more about the numerous subgroups.
In the middle of all of this is Anita Blake, the heroine of the series, who tries to figure out her own life and relationships while doing her part to keep the people safe from the monsters -- and, when the situation calls for it, the monsters safe from the people and/or each other.
The series consists of a long list of novels, a number of short stories in various formats, and Dabel Brothers/Marvel Comics adaptations of the first novels.
NOTE: The series frequently contains explicit violence, harsh themes, and detailed sexual encounters that do not always fit within the golden rule of 'safe, sane, and consensual'. This reflects to some extent to the articles within this wiki. Be warned.
Zombies are humans or animals raised from the dead by an animator, a vaudun practitioner, or a necromancer. Although they usually have some of their memories at first, and may appear human if the person who raised them is powerful enough, after a time even the most perfect zombies will lose their memories and begin to rot. Zombies do not need to eat and cannot process human food, but if fed meat, zombies might rot more slowly or not at all.
Although not supernaturally strong, zombies are able to use their entire strength without concern for exhaustion, pain, or damage, which makes them appear much stronger than humans in practice. They typically obey their creator's orders absolutely. Zombies are able to operate in daylight, but prefer night, and will hide during the day if permitted.
If an animator's corpse is raised as a zombie, it will arise as a flesh-eating zombie -- uncontrollable, much faster than a normal zombie, and with a taste for human flesh. The zombie can only regain its memory and personality by eating human flesh.
In another instance, if the victim of a murder is risen as a zombie, the zombie will rise and then actively seek out its murderer. The zombie will then kill the murderer after attacking anything that has gotten in its way. After the murderer is dead, the zombie may revert back to a regular zombie capable of being questioned and controlled, although laying it back to rest quickly is preferable.
Refresh page to see new article...
Book 5: Bloody Bones (1996)
- Aug 2019 - Serpentine will be released in paperback.
- May 28, 2019 - Announcement: Laurell K. Hamilton has finished writing the next Anita Blake novel (untitled) and it is currently in editing. Source
- May 7, 2019 - "Sweet Seduction," a new Anita Blake short story by Laurell K. Hamilton, is released as part of the anthology Noir Fatale.
- Sep 18, 2018 - Announcement: Laurell K. Hamilton has signed a deal with her publisher Berkley for at least one more Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novel. Source.
- Aug 7, 2018 - Serpentine, the 26th novel in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, was released. HERE!
- The 26th novel has been postponed by a year to June, 2018.
- Dec 9, 2016 - The short story A Girl, a Goat, and a Zombie was removed from Laurell K. Hamilton's site, but it might return some day.
- The 26th novel is rumored to be out in June, 2017.
- Nov 3, 2016 - A Girl, a Goat, and a Zombie, a new short story, was available for free on Laurell K. Hamilton's site for a short time. HERE!
- Dec 6, 2016 - Wounded, an extended epilogue to Dead Ice that was included in the paperback edition, was released as an eBook. HERE!
- Oct 11, 2016 - Crimson Death, the 25th novel in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, was released. HERE!
- Book 01: Guilty Pleasures
- Book 02: The Laughing Corpse
- Book 03: Circus of the Damned
- Book 04: The Lunatic Cafe
- Book 05: Bloody Bones
- Book 06: The Killing Dance
- Book 07: Burnt Offerings
- Book 08: Blue Moon
- Book 09: Obsidian Butterfly
- Book 10: Narcissus in Chains
- Book 11: Cerulean Sins
- Book 12: Incubus Dreams
- Book 13: Micah
- Book 14: Danse Macabre
- Book 15: The Harlequin
- Book 16: Blood Noir
- Book 17: Skin Trade
- Book 18: Flirt
- Book 19: Bullet
- Book 20: Hit List
- Book 21: Kiss the Dead
- Book 22: Affliction
- Book 23: Jason
- Book 24: Dead Ice
- Book 25: Crimson Death
- Book 26: Serpentine