|Anita Blake novels and comic series. The Wiki has 368 articles. You can check out the new pages, recent changes, and statistics. If you need help, please visit the Help section.
|If you have questions, please post them at our community center, the Main Page discussion. If you wish to create an article and want to test it beforehand, please use the Sandbox. We hope you enjoy the Wiki, and help us enrich it.|
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter is a series of fictional works set into a fantasy world parallel to our own, where vampires, shapeshifters (including lycanthropes such as werewolves), faeries, etc. exist, where humans can have a wide variety of psychic and magical abilities from clairvoyance to re-animating the dead, and where faith causes religious items to glow in the presence of active vampire powers regardless of the religion. This parallel world is complex and ever-changing, as the relationships and power structures evolve and we learn more about the numerous subgroups.
In the middle of all of this is Anita Blake, the heroine of the series, who tries to figure out her own life and relationships while doing her part to keep the people safe from the monsters -- and, when the situation calls for it, the monsters safe from the people and/or each other.
The series consists of a long list of novels, a number of short stories in various formats, and Dabel Brothers/Marvel Comics adaptations of the first novels.
NOTE: The series frequently contains explicit violence, harsh themes, and detailed sexual encounters that do not always fit within the golden rule of 'safe, sane, and consensual'. This reflects to some extent to the articles within this wiki. Be warned.
Vampires are animated corpses that feed on blood. They are supernaturally strong and fast, and have enhanced senses, as well as ability to ensnare human minds through eye contact. They don't age, they heal fast from most wounds, and can theoretically live forever. Especially powerful individuals can also develop a wide variety of special abilities, among them an ability to cause and feed on a specific emotion, an ability to control a specific type of animal (including lycanthropes of a matching type), or an ability to bind a single human as their servant and companion for all eternity.
All of this sounds like vampires could be very bad news to regular humans, and it's true -- but only up to a point, because vampires also have their weaknesses. For one thing they die at dawn and are completely helpless in their death until darkness falls again. They burst into fire in sunlight, as well as when coming into contact with a religious item held by a true believer. Holy water burns them like acid. Silver and fire interfere with their ability to heal, and enough physical trauma to their head or heart is enough to kill them for good.
These days vampires are legal citizens within United States (as well as some other countries around the world), and are protected by law just the same as any human is. But if they break human law, they don't get a trial and jail time -- they get a court warrant of execution, served by a licensed vampire executioner.
Refresh page to see new article...
|Serpentine (Book 26)|
- Aug 2019 - Serpentine was released in paperback.
- May 28, 2019 - Announcement: Laurell K. Hamilton has finished writing the next Anita Blake novel (untitled) and it is currently in editing. Source
- May 7, 2019 - "Sweet Seduction," a new Anita Blake short story by Laurell K. Hamilton, is released as part of the anthology Noir Fatale.
- Sep 18, 2018 - Announcement: Laurell K. Hamilton has signed a deal with her publisher Berkley for at least one more Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novel. Source.
- Aug 7, 2018 - Serpentine, the 26th novel in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, was released. HERE!
- The 26th novel has been postponed by a year to June, 2018.
- Dec 9, 2016 - The short story A Girl, a Goat, and a Zombie was removed from Laurell K. Hamilton's site, but it might return some day.
- The 26th novel is rumored to be out in June, 2017.
- Nov 3, 2016 - A Girl, a Goat, and a Zombie, a new short story, was available for free on Laurell K. Hamilton's site for a short time. HERE!
- Dec 6, 2016 - Wounded, an extended epilogue to Dead Ice that was included in the paperback edition, was released as an eBook. HERE!
- Oct 11, 2016 - Crimson Death, the 25th novel in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, was released. HERE!
- Book 01: Guilty Pleasures
- Book 02: The Laughing Corpse
- Book 03: Circus of the Damned
- Book 04: The Lunatic Cafe
- Book 05: Bloody Bones
- Book 06: The Killing Dance
- Book 07: Burnt Offerings
- Book 08: Blue Moon
- Book 09: Obsidian Butterfly
- Book 10: Narcissus in Chains
- Book 11: Cerulean Sins
- Book 12: Incubus Dreams
- Book 13: Micah
- Book 14: Danse Macabre
- Book 15: The Harlequin
- Book 16: Blood Noir
- Book 17: Skin Trade
- Book 18: Flirt
- Book 19: Bullet
- Book 20: Hit List
- Book 21: Kiss the Dead
- Book 22: Affliction
- Book 23: Jason
- Book 24: Dead Ice
- Book 25: Crimson Death
- Book 26: Serpentine