Welcome to Anita Blake Wiki, a collaborative website about the Anita Blake novels and comic series. The Wiki has 383 articles. You can check out the new pages, recent changes, and statistics. If you need help, please visit the Help section.
<createbox> bgcolor=#f3f3ff </createbox>
|If you have questions, please post them at our community center, the Main Page discussion. If you wish to create an article and want to test it beforehand, please use the Sandbox. We hope you enjoy the Wiki, and help us enrich it.|
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter is a series of fictional works set into a fantasy world parallel to our own, where vampires, shapeshifters (including lycanthropes such as werewolves), faeries, etc. exist, where humans can have a wide variety of psychic and magical abilities from clairvoyance to re-animating the dead, and where faith causes religious items to glow in the presence of active vampire powers regardless of the religion. This parallel world is complex and ever-changing, as the relationships and power structures evolve and we learn more about the numerous subgroups.
In the middle of all of this is Anita Blake, the heroine of the series, who tries to figure out her own life and relationships while doing her part to keep the people safe from the monsters -- and, when the situation calls for it, the monsters safe from the people and/or each other.
The series consists of a long list of novels, a number of short stories in various formats, and Dabel Brothers/Marvel Comics adaptations of the first novels.
NOTE: The series frequently contains explicit violence, harsh themes, and detailed sexual encounters that do not always fit within the golden rule of 'safe, sane, and consensual'. This reflects to some extent to the articles within this wiki. Be warned.
Jean-Claude is a hundreds of years old Master Vampire who lives in St. Louis. His powers are predominantly sexual and seductive in their nature, and he uses them to his advantage both in his personal interactions and in his night club business, aided by his handsome features and his well-developed charisma. He has also long ago cultivated a tantalizingly secretive and mysterious persona that he uses both as a power play and for hiding his true goals, feelings, and abilities.
Like many older vampires, Jean-Claude is very focused on power and survival, and constantly seeks to advance and reinforce his position, as well as securing the position of those he considers his to protect. While doing this he tries to avoid making too powerful enemies without appearing too weak in the eyes of those who might wish to take his place or to remove him as an obstacle. It is often a tricky balancing act, but Jean-Claude understands preternatural politics well and is an expert in that game. He is utterly ruthless and practical when necessary, but is also capable of compassion when he deems such things safe.
Jean-Claude becomes fascinated by Anita Blake well before the series begins, and the more he learns of her, and of her skills and abilities, the more he's pulled in. He finds her both desirable and useful, and always prefers to get multiple benefits from everything he does. She isn't particularly happy about these facts to start with and especially detests being manipulated, but Jean-Claude is persistent and very good at making himself useful in turn, as well as the lesser of two evils. And he's truly a master of temptation...
Refresh page to see new article...
|Skin Trade (Book 17)|
- Aug 2020 - Sucker Punch, the 27th novel in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, will be released.
- Aug 2019 - Serpentine was released in paperback.
- May 28, 2019 - Announcement: Laurell K. Hamilton has finished writing the next Anita Blake novel (untitled) and it is currently in editing. Source
- May 7, 2019 - "Sweet Seduction," a new Anita Blake short story by Laurell K. Hamilton, is released as part of the anthology Noir Fatale.
- Sep 18, 2018 - Announcement: Laurell K. Hamilton has signed a deal with her publisher Berkley for at least one more Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter novel. Source.
- Aug 7, 2018 - Serpentine, the 26th novel in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, was released. HERE!
- The 26th novel has been postponed by a year to June, 2018.
- Dec 9, 2016 - The short story A Girl, a Goat, and a Zombie was removed from Laurell K. Hamilton's site, but it might return some day.
- The 26th novel is rumored to be out in June, 2017.
- Nov 3, 2016 - A Girl, a Goat, and a Zombie, a new short story, was available for free on Laurell K. Hamilton's site for a short time. HERE!
- Dec 6, 2016 - Wounded, an extended epilogue to Dead Ice that was included in the paperback edition, was released as an eBook. HERE!
- Oct 11, 2016 - Crimson Death, the 25th novel in the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series, was released. HERE!
- Book 01: Guilty Pleasures
- Book 02: The Laughing Corpse
- Book 03: Circus of the Damned
- Book 04: The Lunatic Cafe
- Book 05: Bloody Bones
- Book 06: The Killing Dance
- Book 07: Burnt Offerings
- Book 08: Blue Moon
- Book 09: Obsidian Butterfly
- Book 10: Narcissus in Chains
- Book 11: Cerulean Sins
- Book 12: Incubus Dreams
- Book 13: Micah
- Book 14: Danse Macabre
- Book 15: The Harlequin
- Book 16: Blood Noir
- Book 17: Skin Trade
- Book 18: Flirt
- Book 19: Bullet
- Book 20: Hit List
- Book 21: Kiss the Dead
- Book 22: Affliction
- Book 23: Jason
- Book 24: Dead Ice
- Book 25: Crimson Death
- Book 26: Serpentine
- Book 27: Sucker Punch